We understand that making purchases online involves your trust. Retaining your trust is a responsibility that we take very seriously. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
By disclosing your personal information to us by using our website or over the telephone, you consent to the collection, storage and processing of your personal information as stated in this policy.
The personal information that we collect from you shall be obtained, processed and transmitted in compliance with applicable data protection legislation.
“Personal Information” means information that relates to a living individual who can be identified from that information or from that information together with other information which is held by or is likely to be held by us.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information that you provide by filling in any booking forms or other forms on our website or which you give us over the telephone, including your name, (home or office) address, date of birth, (business or private) email address, (mobile, home or office) telephone number, credit card details (i.e. credit card type and number, CVC code, expiration date, credit card holder name) and to the extent available, reservation preferences and smoking preferences;
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including where you have clicked on any of our advertising links or banners, (including your IP address, geographical location, browser/platform type and version, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and (for users of our service through a mobile device) Unique Device Identifier, operating system, referral source/exit pages, length of visit, page views, website navigation, date/time stamp information and details like the number and location of (mouse) clicks on a given page, mouse movements, scrolling activity and the (search) words you use and the text you type while being on and using our website);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Information about other people
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used and that you are authorised to disclose it to us, and consent its use on their behalf, before doing so.
Cookies and Web Beacons
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both “session” cookies and “short-term” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies for such purposes as to keep track of you while you navigate the website. We will use the short-term cookies for such purposes as to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Short-term cookies will remain stored on your computer for a period of 30 days.
We also work with advertising partners to serve ads that we believe are most likely to be of interest to you, based on information about your visit to this and other websites (this information is anonymous in that it does not include your name, street address, e-mail address or telephone number). In order to do this, our advertising partners may need to place a cookie (a small text file) on your computer. For more information about this type of online behavioural advertising, about cookies, and about how to turn this feature off, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, while some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org
Some of our Website pages and HTML-formatted e-mail newsletters may use web beacons in conjunction with cookies to compile aggregate statistics about website usage. A Web beacon is an electronic image, called a single-pixel (1×1) or clear GIF image and are used like cookies to recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as your cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- manage and administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website including providing you with login in details so you may access details of your bookings;
- manage, administer, mediate and contract the services offered by us via the website and/or our front desk;
- manage, administer, mediate and contract your bookings made through the website and/or our front desk;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications including communications about any important changes to the website and/or surveys we may ask you to complete;
- send you email notifications confirming your bookings made via the website and/or telephone and any other email notifications you have specifically requested;
- contact you by mail, telephone or electronic communication (including email and SMS text messages) with information on our latest news and updates including details of our, or our carefully selected third parties’, goods and services, special offers, discounts or promotions, details of new products or services and forthcoming events or competitions offered by us (you can inform us at any time if you do not wish to receive electronic communications by simply clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in the electronic communication);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website, your bookings and/or the services offered by us or our suppliers;
- to analyze and improve the services offered on our website and to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate for marketing and strategic development purposes;
- send you an email inviting you to leave a guest review on the website following your stay; and
- deliver marketing and advertising to you that show services and deals that we think you will be interested in including via targeted advertising on third party websites and/or platforms.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you for monitoring purposes, in order to check any instructions given to us by you, for staff training purposes, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our customer service.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing by such third party unless you have provided your express consent. In such cases, we shall only transfer to the third party adequate, relevant and not excessive personal data (name, address and email addresses) so you will be able to receive direct marketing material from such third party. You can inform us at any time if you no longer wish for your details to be disclosed to such third party and we will no longer disclose your information. The relevant third party will show their contact information in their marketing material and we have no control over such third party marketing material, therefore we disclaim any kind of liability that may arise from such third party marketing material.
You expressly agree to such uses of personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act of 1998.